October 13th, 2008
- Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 8.2 is made available.
A minor release that includes an important bug fix, some new language files, and a set of new icons.
(1) —The bug of Circle Dock not taking focus sometimes when toggled by the mouse buttons is fixed with this release. Circle Dock is also now able to properly differentiate between X1 and X2 mouse buttons. This was fixed by rewriting a portion of the Orbit.Hook.dll file responsible for the mouse hooking. This new dll file is smaller (43kb) compared to the older Orbit.Hook.dll file (430 kb). I spoke too soon. The problem is not totally fixed. If you are having problems with Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 8.2, please use the older version from Alpha 8.1. The functionality in both releases is the same except for the mouse hooking.—
(2) New language files are included (ie: Spanish, German).
(3) A new set of "Planet" icons are included with the release, created by Nelson Muñoz. They look really good and are very realistic.
Other features are the same. Still working on Alpha 9. I have been busy with other things and university.
September 22nd, 2008
- Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 8.1 is made available.
- This is a minor update and the only changes are some new backgrounds and updated language files for Chinese, French, Serbian, and Croatian.
- Thanks to Lingku, Igor Stanisic, moc.15tejdeeps|etoyoc#moc.15tejdeeps|etoyoc, and Boba-Fett for providing updates. The credit list inside the program will be updated in a later version. The credit list on the website has been updated.
September 16th, 2008
- Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 8 Kiosk Version is made available.
- This is an executable that operates in read only mode and has all of it's menus disabled. It is meant for use on public computers where you do not want changes made to the dock and you want to lock down the system files.
- The Kiosk Version requires that you change the dock settings and items using the regular version of Circle Dock and then replace the regular Circle Dock exe file with the Kiosk Version executable.
September 14th, 2008
- Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 8 Official Release is made available.
- Many bug fixes and some new features added.
- There is a new recommended way of upgrading to Alpha 8 - see How to Upgrade
- Added the ability to run multiple docks at the same time by allowing multiple Circle Dock instances to run from separate folders.
- Circle Dock will now seek the target file for shortcuts dropped onto the dock.
- Added ability to lock the dock at a specific position (Settings Panel -> Location).
- The .ini file reader for Circle Dock is now unicode compatible with non-western script characters. This solves the problem of garbled language files.
- There are new language files included, such as Chinese, Indonesian, and Hungarian. Some language files have not been updated. Missing translations will show up in Circle Dock as "?????".
- New circular backgrounds are included.
- Added an "Item Properties" panel for each dock item to allow you to edit the link properties.
- Added an option in the right-click menu for the centre object, background, and the tray icon to temporarily pause the mouse toggling for gamers or other people that need it.
- The screen edge toggling has been improved. Circle Dock won't toggle the visibility if you are holding a mouse button down near the screen edges. There is also a new option for the dwell time required.
- The "Toggling" and "File -> Icon Associations" panels in the "Settings Panel" have been simplified.
- Added ability to turn off labels.
- Added a new format to the circle shape option in Settings Panel - Dock Shape (maximum number of items that can be fit on a circle without overlap).
- Added option to use the same rotation angle for all dock folders under Settings Panel -> General.
- Added a numeric box to finely adjust the rotation angle of the dock under Settings Panel -> General.
- Added a "Portability Mode" option to Settings Panel -> General. With this option selected, Circle Dock will automatically try to find the links of the dock item by using the drive letter of the Circle Dock directory. This is meant for USB thumbdrive usage where the drive letters may change but you want Circle Dock to self-reference files.
- Added a "Always on Bottom" option to Settings Panel -> General. Note that this mode is not fully completed since there are a few bugs to be worked out. Mostly there is a flickering issue. It is recommended to use the "Topmost" or "Normal" modes for the z-level.
September 3rd, 2008
- Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 7.6 is released with two new language files (Italian and Dutch).
September 2nd, 2008
- Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 7.5 is released for bug fixes.
- Fixed the hotkey problem where you could not change the hotkeys.
- Fixed the bug where if you set the number of key presses per rotation to 0, the dock would not load properly.
- Included a new background image of double rings courtesy of Syllabus.
- Language files included now are: French, English, Portuguese, and Russian. Thanks to the translators.
- All language and settings .ini files are now encoded in unicode to enable greater support for languages with non-standard characters.
August 28th, 2008
- Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 7.4 is released.
- Added the ability to use the default high-resolution icons for Windows Vista users so they don't have to change all the icons. Windows XP users won't see a difference because they don't have high resolution icons.
- Thumbnails of files are now displayed in the correct aspect ratio instead of being stretched.
- Settings Panel can now be minimized like a normal window.
- Added the ability for Circle Dock to self repair and upgrade the Config.ini file which means that from now on, users can upgrade by just copying the newest CircleDock.exe file into their current Circle Dock directory.
- Includes a French language file courtesy of Thomas Favre.
August 25th, 2008
- Alpha 7_3 fixes a bug in the settings panel where it did not save the changes to the font and color for the Labels tab. For existing Alpha 7 users, just copy over the new CircleDock.exe into your current Circle Dock folder so that you can retain your existing dock items and settings.
- Alpha 7_2 by default disables the centre button from opening the Windows Start Menu for those users with the residual shadow problem. For a solution, see http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php?topic=14478.0
- Alpha 7_1 fixes the setting panel options to turn off the screen edge toggling of the dock visibility.